Saturday 28 July 2007

Raja Petra's Plea to Malaysia-Today Readers

From Malaysia-Today: Read Here

from Raja Petra Kamarudin. Read here for more

Quote:

"UMNO may have succeeded for a couple of hours in their attempts to close down Malaysia Today.

- After spamming the site with hundreds of spam postings every day which I have to spend hours removing,

- Attacking me on their own sites which not many have heard of, plus

- After making a police report against me,

THEY have now resorted to sabotaging the site.

(But) we are back in business and with double the bandwidth this time, so I hope you will now find the site more accessible."
-Raja Petra Kamarudin

My request for YOU (READERS OF MALAYSIA-TODAY):

  1. Log off once you have finished and then log on again when you need to revisit this site later.

    That helps save some bandwidth.

  2. If you really need to post your comments, please do so.

    But please, I repeat, please, refrain from those very long cut-and-paste jobs.

    Just provide links and if anyone wants to read what it is you are revealing they can click the link and get sent to that other site you are quoting from. This helps you as well because then you will not suffer a very sluggish site and can surf in ease without the hassle of the page ‘hanging’.

  3. The Minister announced yesterday that they are still going to charge me .

    So please be very careful with what you post.

    Whatever you comment in the blogs can and will be used against me in a court of law. You need not worry about me of course as I know how to take care of myself plus I would not be running this site if I am scared of going to jail. But if I get sent away for two years then it will be 2010 or so before you get to read any of my articles again. What then are you all going to do in the meantime?

  4. If I overlook any postings that you feel are downright offensive (and maybe seditious as well) please just IGNORE them.

    Because if you respond equally harsh, then you would be starting a free-for-all barroom brawl that will get out of hand and which can and will be used against me in a court of law.
Malaysia-Today was under DOS-Attack

On 27th July at 5 pm (Malaysian Time), Malaysia-Today went dead.

After attempting to get in so many times for about an hour, I phoned the data centre to ask what was going on. They checked and called back to inform me that they suspect we have suffered a DOS attack.

But the site can still be accessed from overseas. It was only from Malaysia that we could not access it. The data centre told me that they suspect Malaysia Today had been blocked.

I then made another overseas call to a very good hacker that I know of and asked him for advice. He ‘broke’ into our server and confirmed that we had in fact suffered a DOS attack. But he had no problems accessing the site from where he is.

It is only from Malaysia that you can’t access it.

I asked him what we should do and I relayed his advice to the data centre. They did what this hacker suggested and within two hours we managed to restore the site.

Well, Umno may have succeeded for a couple of hours in their attempts to close down Malaysia Today. After spamming the site with hundreds of spam postings every day which I have to spend hours removing, attacking me on their own sites which not many have heard of, plus after making a police report against me, they have now resorted to sabotaging the site.

Anyway, we are back in business and with double the bandwidth this time, so I hope you will now find the site more accessible.

Malaysia-Today Expanded Bandwith

Malaysia Today received 6.5 million hits on Thursday (the day after my eight hours at Dang Wangi) and 5 million hits each on Tuesday and Wednesday (when news broke that a police report had been made against me), as opposed to 2.2-2.4 million hits on normal days.

Earlier that day, I instructed the data centre to double Malaysia Today’s bandwidth. Bandwidth is very expensive and doubling it would mean I also double my expenditure.

But it was a move I could not avoid because we are now no longer seeing an average of 2.3 million hits but in the five and six millions.
-Raja Petra Kamarudin

1 comment:

Red Eagle said...

Dear Raja Petra, I am new to all this mess that is going on in Malaysia as I have just return from a very long stay overseas. What happen to our beloved country. A friend of mine told me about you and I signed into your block.
Thank God that we have guys like you to fight for a better Malaysia. I salute you Sir in every way possible also your family that will have to go through all this with you, however, just to let you know that you now have another new friend to be there and fight the good cause with you. I pray to Almighty God that he will always be there for you. Keep up the very good work that you are doing. Hope some day I can get a chance to meet you…. How can I contact you or visit you………..if you have any message for me,
Please write it in your block….. so here's wishing you all the very best in all that you wish to do...just me, your new friend the " Red Eagle"