Lim Kit Siang
Lim Kit Siang
DAP candidate - Ipoh Timur, Perak
Excerpts: Read here for more
THIS 12th general election is NOT just about the next FIVE years.
If DAP, PKR and PAS can EACH secure 25 parliamentary seats, denying BN of 75 parliamentary seats, then the beginning of the end of the UMNO political hegemony threatening democracy, international competitiveness and national unity would have begun.
- (It is a) a vote about the FIRST 50 years of Malaysian nationhood and the NEXT 50 YEARS!
- THIS general election is the LAST hope for CHANGE; whether there is a future for the building of a democratic, competitive, multi-racial, multi-religious, secular and just nation which our forefathers pledged to build through the Merdeka “social contract”.
- ... AND whether there is hope to build a democratic, just and competitive Malaysia.
- ...Or there will be a new exodus of braindrain of the best and brightest of Malaysians to other lands in despair at any possibility that all Malaysians, regardless of race or religion, can have an equal place under the Malaysia sun.
- (THIS) general election offers a golden opportunity to halt and dismantle the four-decade Umno political hegemony which has become the greatest threat to democracy, international competitiveness and national unity in Malaysia.
- The challenge (of this General Election) is whether history can be made to check and dismantle the Umno political hegemony, which marginalized ordinary Malays, Indians, Chinese, Kadazan-Dusun-Muruts, Ibans and indigenous people, orang Asli, by depriving the Barisan Nasional (BN) of two-thirds majority.
-Lim Kit Siang