Excerpts: Read here for more
".. Make no bones about it. UMNO CANNOT form the government WITHOUT Sabah and Sarawak PLUS the Indians and Chinese from Peninsular Malaysia.
So Ali and his bunch of 40 Umno Supreme Council Members, a.k.a the 40 thieves, have been proven wrong.
Umno is still as proud as ever, or rather arrogant. But then arrogance is the classic symptom of Acquired Intense Denial Syndrome, or AIDS. And just like the other form of AIDS, Acquired Intense Denial Syndrome is also incurable, or so it seems in Umno’s case.
Since 8 March 2008, Umno has been holding rallies, seminars and conventions all over Malaysia. I personally attended some of them and even brought my Indian and Chinese friends along so that they could witness for themselves what is being said at these events.
- The Malays have lost political power.
- The Malay states have fallen into Chinese hands.
- It was a big mistake giving citizenship to the Indians and Chinese back in 1957.
- The Indians and Chinese are ungrateful and no longer support the government. This happened once before in 1969 and Umno ‘solved it’ by triggering the May 13 race riots.
- Kuala Lumpur was kicked out of Selangor and turned into the federal capital so that Selangor can remain a Malay state even if Kuala Lumpur falls into Chinese hands.
- Umno created Shah Alam as a ‘Malay city’ so that the Chinese and Indian population in the state can be ‘diluted’ whereby the Malays can retain power in Selangor.
I watched the faces of the Indians and Chinese in the assembly as they shook their heads in disbelief that the Umno Malays would utter statements that are not only provoking, DOWNRIGHT RACIST , but a breach of Malaysia’s infamous Sedition Act as well.
Of course, no police officer made a police report, as what happened in my case, and no computers were confiscated nor was anyone charged for sedition. But this is not because they were not seditious.
It is because those who uttered these seditious statements are Umno Malays and Umno Malays are ABOVE the law.
They somehow believe that the Malays have lost political power. The fact that this time around there are 121 Malay Members of Parliament as opposed to only 120 in 2004 seems to have escaped them.
And the fact that the Malays voted for the Indians and Chinese even though they contested under the DAP banner, plus the fact that Barisan Nasional is in power because of the Indians, Chinese, Kadazans, Dayaks, Ibans, etc., also seems to have escaped them.
- Did the Umno people NOT see the Indians from Hindraf wearing PAS T-shirts and carrying PAS flags in a Chinese temple in Port Kelang while shouting ‘Allah Akbar’ during the DAP ceramah?
- Did the Umno people NOT see the Malays from Kampong Raja Uda in Port Kelang vote for an Indian Member of Parliament and a Chinese State Assemblyman, both from DAP, when since Merdeka of 51 years ago they had always voted Barisan Nasisonal (and the Alliance Party before that)?
- Did the Umno people NOT see the God of Money statue in Kuala Kedah hold a PKR flag in one hand and a PAS flag in the other when this temple had been a MCA stronghold since Merdeka of 51 years ago?
- Did the Umno people NOT see the Malays in Kampong Baru open the doors of their houses so that the Hindraf Indians who were being chased by the police after being tear-gassed could seek refuge?
- Did the Umno people NOT see the PAS Malays drag the Indians and Chinese blinded by tear-gas into the Jamik Mosque so that they could escape retaliation from the police during the 10 November 2007 Bersih march?
No, this is NOT about the Chinese and Indians voting opposition to kick the Malays out.
It was also NOT about the Chinese and Indians ganging up on the Malays.
It was about the Malays, Chinese and Indians uniting under the umbrella of People’s Power.
- The Indians call it Makkal Sakhti.
- The Malays call it Suara Rakyat, Suara Keramat.
- In English that means the people’s voice is a sacred voice.
And from that was born People’s Power or Makhal Sakhti.
- Raja Petra Kamarudin