Raja Petra Kamaruddin of Malaysia Today filed a Statutory Declaration at a Commissioner of Oath, registered under the jurisdiction of Kuala Lumpur High Court on 18 June 2008 against Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, wife of the Deputy Prime Minister alleging that she was at the scene when Mongolian national Altantuya Shaariibuu was murdered.
Raja Petra accused Datin Rosmah as among three individuals who were present when Altantuya was murdered on October 19, 2006.
"(Acting Colonel) Aziz (Buyong) was the person who placed the C4 on various parts of Altantuya’s body witnessed by (Datin) Rosmah and Norhayati (Aziz young's wife)."
(Note: Altantuya’s body was blown up with C4 explosives at a secondary forest in Puncak Alam, Shah Alam. The murder trial is still with the Shah Alam High Court. )
- Mongolian Woman's ( Altantuya Shariibuu) Murder: Justice MUST Be Done and Be SEEN to be Done
- Mongolian Woman's Murder: Attempted Cover-up, Miscarriage of Justice, Submarine Scandal and Linkage to DPM Najib
He said the purpose of this statutory declaration is to urge all these parties who have been duly informed and have knowledge of this matter to come forward to reveal the truth so that the police are able to conduct a proper and thorough investigation into the murder of Altantuya.
He said he made this "solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declaration Act, 1960."
(Image courtesy of Bigdog.com)
In a statement to Malaysiakini, Raja Petra confirmed the content of the Statutory Declaration. (Read here)
In the phone interview with Malaysiakini, Raja Petra explained he did NOT lodge a police report on the latest allegation which could lead to a fresh police probe on the Altantuya murder because in a separate case in 2001 when he was allegedly beaten up by a high-ranking policeman, the police did NOT take any action over his police report he had lodged.
Raja Petra also claimed:
- He has also been ‘reliably informed’ that Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi KNOWS,of Najib's wife alleged involvement.
"[...] Abdullah (Badawi) has received a written report from military intelligence confirming what I have revealed. This report was subsequently handed over to his son-in-law Khairy Jamaluddin for safekeeping," he said.
- Apart from Abdullah and Khairy, "one of the (Malay) Rulers" has also been briefed about the matter and is fully aware of the allegation.
- He has agreed not to reveal their names other than mention that the prime minister and his son-in-law have been given a copy of the military intelligence’s report.
Statutory Declaration Act (1960)
Read here Laws of Malaysia, Act 13, STATUTORY DECLARATIONS ACT 1960 (Incorporating all amendments up to 1 January 2006 )
False declaration punishable under Penal Code.
3. Declarations made by virtue of the provisions of this Act shall be deemed to be such declarations as are referred to in sections 199 and 200 of the Penal Code [Act 574].