Wednesday 6 August 2008

US Presidential Election: Celebrity Paris Hilton One-Up on John McCain's TV-Ad

John McCain attack TV-ad against Barack Obama compared Barack Obama to airhead celebrities Britney Spears and Paris Hilton


Presidential Candidate John McCain's TV-AD


The result?

He's unleashed the full star power of Paris Hilton herself. The hotel heiress has posted a clip on popular video site Funny or Die running for President.

Paris Hilton, the hotel heiress known for partying, not politics, wants your vote.

She announced her candidacy for president Tuesday in an online video, making her case reclining poolside in a leopard-print bathing suit and gold high heels. "I want America to know that I'm, like, totally ready to lead," she said, beaming.

It was a spoof, of course, a response to the ad Republican candidate John McCain launched last week comparing Democratic rival Barack Obama to Hilton and Britney Spears.


Paris Hilton's Campaign TV-AD


From the video:

Paris Hilton:
" Hey America, I'm Paris Hilton and I'm a celebrity too. Only I'm not from the olden days and I'm not promising change like that other guy. I'm just hot.

But then that wrinkly white haired guy used me in his campaign ad, which I guess
means I'm running for president. So thanks for the endorsement white-haired dude and I want America to know that, like, I'm totally ready to lead....."

She's even mastered the art of triangulation and campaigning from the centre. Case in point, her energy policy at 1:06 in the clip. Wonder what she has to say about the subprime mortgage crisis and the war in Iraq? Read here for more and here

No comments: