Ronnie Liu wrote in his blog "Colour Blind":
"... I will be joining Sdr Kit Siang at a Press Conference tomorrow (25 July 2009, 12.30 pm) on matters relating to the defamatory blog attacking Sdr Ean Yong Hian Wah and me and the Selangor DAP in general.--End of Update --
After having a closer look, I found that the blog (Truth for Teoh Beng Hock) contains nothing but bullshits.
I have put up all details concerning the 2008 allocation for Sg Pelek, Sg Panjang and Pandamaran in this blog in January this year( under annual allocation category)...."
The DAP and those named in the blog "Truth for Teoh Beng Hock" should step forward quickly, refute these highly charged allegations of corruption and theft of public funds, and come clean with Malaysians who had all grieved the death of Teoh Beng Hock.
If the allegations in the anonymous blog are a hoax, DAP and those implicated by the allegations should denounce in public with documented evidence.
Whatever the outcomes, we should NOT allow ourselves to lose sight in any way to determine forcefully and whatever it takes, the CAUSE of death of Teoh Beng Hock and to bring in the murderers, if it is a case of homicide.
FACT: Teoh Beng Hock died in the custody of MACC
ALLEGATIONS in a new anonymous blog "Truth for Teoh Beng Hock" :
".. the DAP set up their own dummy companies, create fake invoice, fake projects and then take the money out. This is stealing, not corruption. But because they abuse their power it is also involving corruption. In the process they leave behind a very long trail of documents and evidence.
Teoh was forced into some unscrupulous dealings. He did not like what he was doing. To protect himself, Teoh made copies of false documents, fictitous public work, and dummy companies. He copied information from his notebook and the office computers into a hard disk and left it with someone. Inside are stack of information detailing the corruption by the DAP in Selangor.
The late Teoh Beng Hock was involved in this scandal also but he was forced by Ean Yong and Ronnie Liu. He did not really like what was happening. To protect himself, Teoh made copies of all the false documents and dummy companies that was set up by the DAP. Teoh left behind a hard disk with someone which contains a stack of information detailing the corruption by the DAP in Selangor.
Till today, his death remains a mystery. Why did he stayed back to sleepover at the MACC after the claimed interrogation ended? He is supposed to register his marriage with his fiance that day.
This blog is established in his rememberance. A young man with ideals, belief, and values caught in a web of political deceipt. The blog is also set-up to cleanse his name. May he be remembered for the right reasons..."
Read here for more
Allegations in the blog related to:
- A total of 84 projects' valued at more than RM200,000 in the Sungai Pelek constituency (seat held by BN's Yap Ee Wah) were awarded to one Wong Chuan How. Wong Chuan How is Ronnie Liu's special assistant while Sungai Pelek is a state seat held by of the opposition Barisan Nasional.
- Five 'examples' of how state funds for each 'project' were being allegedly siphoned off by several individuals. The five 'examples' were NOT supported by any documentary proof.
- In each of the example,the allegation is a 'DAP Adun (rep)' takes a cut of between five to 10 percent, while a few more portions would be carved out to individuals or DAP branches. Read here for more in malaysiakini
RONNIE LIU'S PRESS CONFERENCE (24 July 2009)
Read here for more in malaysiakini and here in Malaysia Insider
At the press conference today together with Wong Chuan How, Ronnie Liu (DAP Adun for N47, Pandamaran) denied any wrongdoing, adding that the allegations of corruption were baseless. He claims the official records of state fund disbursements were falsified in order to tarnish him and DAP.
- The allegations are pure bull . We are not afraid of any investigations. Officers in the Land Office would be able to testify that everything was above board.
- The complete set of documents is available at the Sepang District Office and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) is free to investigate.
- The approval of funds for the opposition held Sungai Pelek constituency were handled by him and records of disbursement had been posted online in his blog since last year.
- Everything is above board and approved by the Land and Mineral Office
- Wong Chuan How was NOT a contractor but acted as the liaison between the Land and Mineral Office, which disburses the funds, and the recipients. Wong, 50, is a former businessman and currently sits on the Sepang Municipal Council.
- The two files (which he presented at the press conference) recorded ALL the disbursement of state funds and certain information in the documents posted by the blog author were falsified. Such as:
The alleged disbursement of RM1,000 for a pesta ang pow (Chinese new year function) in September 2008. Chinese new year celebrations are usually celebrated between January and March each year.
The alleged disbursement of RM1,000 to buy hampers for Seberang Perai village chiefs in November 2008. This was impossible as the district officer would not approve of distributing funds OUTSIDE the constituency, let alone another state.
- I don't know what is the link between Teoh and me. He never worked for me at all!”