Questions Abound over Sex Tape
For the second time in about four years, the country is abuzz over a sex tape allegedly depicting a prominent politician.
This time round, the unveiling of the video was shrouded in mystery. It was revealed to only a select group of news organisations at a posh hotel in Kuala Lumpur.
While the majority of journalists who viewed the video are almost certain of the identity of the politician, many questions remain.
Who is 'Datuk T'?
The person who organised the screening only wants to be identified as 'Datuk T' and he was very cautious about revealing anything more about himself.
However, it is certain that Datuk T had meticulously planned the event today and had booked a room at the posh Carcosa Seri Negara (left) costing RM1,350 to hold the screening.
He was always accompanied by two bodyguards and refused to reveal anything when approached, just sticking to the points raised in a written statement given to the press. Neither did Datuk T reveal anything about his relationship with the politician depicted in the video.
He claimed the politician was at a hotel where the tryst took place on Feb 21 and lost his luxury watch in the hotel room.
"I was asked to search for the watch in the room," said Datuk T in the statement, without revealing when the search took place, who ordered the search and why he was there.
Datuk T said he found the video recording equipment in the room during the search and wants the politician and his wife to quit politics because there is evidence that immoral acts were committed.
He refused to provide his contact details and instead collected business cards from reporters present, promising to contact them in the future with updates.
Where did it happen?
The small hotel room was depicted in the video appeared to be on the lower end of the scale.
An air-conditioning unit could clearly be seen, when even a three-star hotel would be equipped with central air-conditioning.
There are doubts as to whether the seasoned opposition leader depicted in the video would settle for a less distinguished establishment where security is slack.
When did it happen?
The time-stamp on the video clip begins at 10.23pm and ends at 10.45pm on Feb 21, 2011.
The alleged politician is understood to have attended a full-day function on that day.
Questions are being raised as to whether he was still "capable" or "energetic" enough for a late-night romp.
Based on what was depicted in the video, the politician was very vigorous at the tail-end of the act.
Could the politician really pull it off?
There are also questions on whether the politician, who is known for having back problems, was physically fit to perform the act in multiple positions.
Towards the tail-end of the act, the couple changed positions, with the woman lying on her back while the politician performed sexual intercourse facing her while kneeling and straddling.
"The person depicted in the video doesn't look like he has a back problem," said the Malaysiakini journalist who was at the video screening today.
Why isn't it made public?
If the purpose of the video is to embarrass the said politician, it would be strange that the video has not been made available to the general public, as in the case of Dr Chua Soi Lek back in December 2007.
Now, the public, the media and experts have no opportunity to scrutinise the veracity of the video and merely have to rely on accounts from journalists.
Why was it announced now?
One of the most anticipated events today was formal announcement of the Sarawak state legislative assembly being dissolved. However, this event has been overshadowed by video clip.
There is little doubt that the controlled screening of the video was meticulously timed ahead of the Sarawak polls, in which the opposition aims to mount its most serious effort in history to challenge BN there.
Given that the alleged act took place on Feb 21 - exactly a month ago - the video could have been released earlier.
Quality of footage?
One big question mark that will continue to persist is the quality of the recording itself.
The video is displayed completely in monochrome, purportedly due to low light conditions, making it impossible to distinguish hair and skin colour or other identifying features.
There was also one instance where Datuk T fast-forwarded a portion of the video. It is also clear that the footage was split into several files. There is no way of determining that the footage was not tampered.
There is also the question of how one frame, of the four frames shown in split-screen, was clearer in quality, while the other three were grainy.
Read here in Rites2Write blog
I scanned the online media and was shocked to read about the press conference where it was alleged that someone that looks like Anwar was caught on camera having sex in what appears to be a sleazy motel room.
The timing of the press conference and its subsequent release of the video in the parliament lobby within several hours shows that it is a well coordinated effort and I wonder whether it has anything to do with the Sarawak State Assembly dissolution.
I think it does not take a genius to figure out the conclusion. The answer lies within the following questions:
1. It looks like Anwar, is it really Anwar? Remember Lingam.
2. If it is Anwar, would he do it in a sleazy hotel room in town?
3. Anwar is a public figure. If he were ever to walk into a hotel room, everyone will know. Wouldn’t it be news since Feb 21st
4. It was reported that Anwar asked Dato T to look for his missing watch. If indeed Anwar did it in a sleazy hotel would he had asked a third party to look for the watch? Knowing that he has many enemies and many “convenient” friends, would he take the chance?
5. Who is Dato T? Is it Dato Tee Pooh!
6. The release of the video was well coordinated. How come?
I keep my answers to myself and it is entirely up to the readers to decide what do they think. Obviously the news release is to remove the glue that bind PR coalition and weakened Anwar influence among the semi urban and rural folks.
In the meantime, I am surprised that the video has not gone into YouTube yet. I wonder why?
WHAT MALAYSIANS ARE SAYING....
Read HERE for more and HERE
- Someone should lodge a police report immediately for
1. Possession of pornography.
2. Showing it to an audience.
3. Blackmail by an unidentified group which is demanding that the man in the video steps down if he does not want the clip distributed to the public.
- If a 64 year old man can "perform"... I would like to learn his secrets !!!! Wow! Parliament House has become Porn House.... everything is "Halal" as long as it is UMNO!
- Actually, the alleged person can help many of us a lot by recommending the special diet and or medicines to last so long. It has been quite a feat, for a person purported to be in his sixties. Banyak kuat !
- How convenient when the Sarawak Assembly had just been dissolved for election that this explosive sex video, purporting to be the opposition leader as culprit comes out in public. This certainly would be a 'no holds barred' campaign in the coming weeks. The whole episode stinks to high heaven.
Datuk T dared not reveal himself. He didn't report the sex video to the police which is the rightful thing to do. He, with impunity, can organised a video viewing sessions with the press without the interference of the police.
If the allegation, which is as recent as Feb 21, is true, then Anwar is the most stupid man on earth: knowing that the Umno regime is watching his every move. It is unbelievable that alleged tryst is in the country: we hear of opposition leaders, including Anwar going abroad when they had important matters to discuss to avoid the snooping from Umno.
How much more evil can the Umno government inflict on one man? Sodomy, adultery, stripped, jailed and assaulted. Enough is enough.
- The fact that the pornographic video was shown at Seri Carcosa without any fear of police action of this illegal activity, strongly indicates that the organisers enjoy the same immunity and support as the cow-head protesters. That gives us a good clue as to who created and produced this drama.
Now the big question is, is this a work of fiction, similar to Sodomy II, created by using a look alike actor or is it as genuine as the Chua Soi Lek video? If we go by the Chua example, the government, if it is not practicing double standards, would immediately ban it and prosecute the organisers of this illegal activity.
If the government does not do anything and encourages its dissemination, then it would be reasonable to conclude that this is another campaign by BN to smear and persecute the Pakatan leadership, similar to the Sodomy II trial.
If the performer in the video is really a Pakatan leader then Malaysians will have to choose between an alleged adulterer and one who allegedly steals billions and commits murder.
- The shady characters behind this video screening are hoping that stuff like this will neutralise anti-government sentiment and turn the tide against the opposition.
They still don't seem to get it. It is the growing anger and disgust at the wholesale looting of this country for the last five decades, the reign of mediocrity and gross incompetence in all our institutions and all the other attendant ills that has shifted support away from this gang of crooks and inepts.
If they had any substance in the first place, they would have focussed on self-improvement rather than spend all their waking hours plotting against and demonising the opposition. So it looks like idiocy will continue to reign supreme.
- This is the most extraordinary story I have ever heard in my life. Of all the people in the world, this Datuk T (hereinafter 'the narrator') was specifically chosen by the leader of the opposition to go on a reconnaissance mission to look for a missing Omega wrist watch - which had supposedly been stolen by a woman from China - in a room in which the leader of the opposition was supposed to have had sexual intercourse with this thief of woman.
What next? The narrator was a close confidante (and sexual liaison ala S Nallakaruppan) of the leader of the opposition, and he had retrieved the wrist watch from the thief of Peking. After a successful expedition and on his way home to return the watch to its owner, the narrator had a divine visitation.Thunder, lightning and a dove from nowhere appeared. He was to save the world; religion, race, country and Umno included. He saw the blinding light and ended up as a king for a day in Carcosa Seri Negara. The Chronicles of Datuk T.
- Why doesn't the unidentified group expose the video to all and sundry? Why the secrecy, the security checks, the cloaks and such? To create more drama? To maximise the shock value of the video? Just put it up on Youtube.
- BN is becoming a gossip-mongering party now? With Ummi Hafilda Ali as the leading spokesperson, they know what sells: sex, lies and videotapes. All this while the real issue of corruption, swindling, racism, and the blatant disregard of public opinion are quietly swept under the carpet.
Just as the Sarawak Report comes out with hardcore evidence of Taib Mahmud's wrongdoing, a 'mystery' party (at Carcosa Seri Negara, mind you) comes out with a sizzling sex story. If the issues are printed side by side in any newspaper, you know where the eyes will go first. Sex sells.